Monday, August 10, 2009

Day tripping

Yesterday, I somehow talked myself into going on the zipline tour. HOLY CRAP. An adreniline junkie I'm not! I did 13 cables, only 4 of which with help because I'd had enough about 2/3s of the way thru and asked if I could walk out. One of those babies was a kilo LONG!! You kind of disappeaared into the clouds! I closed my eyes a lot on that one. So, I didn't crap myself but it took a couple of hours for my heart rate to slow. Never again! I was too afraid and mt wrist killed me.

Finally figured out the taps - cold if F and hot is C. But I'm having a hard remembering not to flush the toilet paper here!

We are at our last hotel and leave tommorow. Saw some more monkeys and a flock of macaws onour way here - those birds didn't look real, but I saw them fly en masse so they had to have been. Off to our last hike today. I'm doing a shortened version of 14 k. Some of us have quit hiking altogether and have elected to hang around the hotel. Others are adding ANOTHER HIKE.

No comments:

Post a Comment